Saturday, April 08, 2006

Life Imitates Seinfeld



Remember "The Pen" episode of Seinfeld, where Elaine goes to Florida with Jerry? She has to sleep on the sofabed with the bar ramming into her back, and Jerry's parents refuse to put the a/c on?

Well, I'm taking Lucas to Florida tomorrow to see my mother for a week. We will be sleeping on sofabeds with bars ramming us in the back. We'll get into the shower and discover that the water is freezing cold because my mother doesn't always turn on the hot water heater. Or turns it on right before one of us is taking a shower, so the water has not yet become hot. We'll be brushing our teeth with bottled water to avoid that awful sulphur taste, but on the up side we'll be playing golf and going to Daytona for the day on Tuesday.

We'll also walk around the complex with my mother who will call out neighborly comments like "Tell me about it!" when a woman says she's having a hard time with the fact that her husband passed away.

I promise to come back with lots of material for the blog. In the meantime, do me a favor would you? Visit at least ONE person on my blogroll that you've never visited before and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment