Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ann Coulter? Hitler called. He wants his conscience back.



Isn't she just the BEST poster child for "family values"? Because she is an attention whore, and clearly when you're selling a book there is no bad publicity, I was reluctant to write about her here. But my concern is that some people may not have seen or read excerpts from her latest diatribe. This time, her target is a group of 9/11 widows from New Jersey:

"These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them."

"They believed the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony."

"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis. I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much."

and my personal favorite:

"How do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy."

What the hell would that (divorce) have to do with anything? I was divorced from my son's father when he died. My heart was broken...because someone I had once loved had passed away as I held his hand, and because MY 8 YEAR OLD CHILD had lost his dad.

So much of what she says about these women could be pointed right back at her. Self-obsessed? Millionaires? Reveling in their status as celebrities? Hurry up and appear in Playboy? I guarantee that if this woman looked like Janet Reno the conservatives would not be using her as their hood ornament of the month.

When my son and I attended a bereavement group, four women in that group were 9/11 widows. I guarantee you, none of them were celebrating their family's loss. They were dealing with intense grief, anger, confusion, all while having to help their children cope with this horrific tragedy.

Maybe Ann Coulter ought to watch Loose Change. I'm no conspiracy theorist, but there are questions raised in that film that even SHE could not answer...no matter how much Kool-Aid she's had.

No comments:

Post a Comment