Friday, July 21, 2006

Marley & Me



Lucas and I listened to "Marley & Me" this week, finishing it in a few days even though we only listen in the car. (Yes, that often means sitting in the parking spot outside our condos while we hang onto the last few words of a chapter.) I've been lauding the audiobook/iPod format a lot these days (hell, I've listened to more books in the past two weeks than I've read in the past two years!) but this time I *really* mean it. If you have not read this book yet, LISTEN to it. (see the link in my sidebar)

I'll admit, at first I wasn't sure I liked John Grogan's voice (sorry, John). He sounded a little too much like Misterogers to me. But hearing first hand every emotion that the author and his family experienced in their life with Marley...somehow conjuring that voice up in my head would not have had the same impact. And, of course, being able to read WITH someone else just adds to the whole experience. Lucas and I laughed and cried together as we soaked in the story of Marley...much of which we could relate to, for many different reasons.

Best of all, John Grogan has a blog. If you've read the book and loved it as we did, go visit John and tell him I sent you his way. He's way cuter than Misterogers.

No comments:

Post a Comment