Saturday, December 08, 2007

Who Are These People?



Have you ever received a car for Christmas? Have you ever GIVEN someone a car for Christmas? Was that car a brand-new Lexus, Mercedes, Cadillac or Jag-u-ar? Who the hell are these people, targeted by the luxury car companies in the month of December every freakin' year?

The whole concept is baffling to me. Maybe it shouldn't be, because when I sold cars for a very brief time (six weeks was all I could take before I felt my soul being sucked out of my body by Satan), the dealership told me to keep a big red bow in my bottom drawer. The theory was, if a guy came in to look at cars without his wife and then said he couldn't make a final decision without her, I was supposed to purr "Well..... If *I* were your wife.....::::bat bat::::.....NOTHING would make me happier than to be surprised with a new Jeep Cherokee....." and whip out the bow. (They also intimated that I should whip out other things if the sale became really a tough one, but that's fodder for a whole blog post.)

I don't know about you, but if my husband drove home with a $35,000 car (a Jeep Cherokee no less) without consulting me he'd get a punch in the nose and the big red bow would land where the sun don't shine.

Now, a Jag-u-ar at Christmastime might be another story...

No comments:

Post a Comment