Thursday, August 25, 2005

Mixmania - Driving Mix

Jim from Patriside is at it again. His theme for the August Mixmania is "Driving Music". (Some lucky blogger will get my mix, anonymously, and will have to search each participant's blog to figure out who sent them the CD.)

So, without further ado, here's my mix (oh crap...just saw that I wasn't supposed to post the list until 9/15):




I Just Wanna Make Love to You - Etta James. Just a GREAT sultry song.
Hallelujah I Love Him - Eva Cassidy. Ditto.
Somebody to Love - Queen. Perfect anthem to blast in the car.
Silver Thunderbird - Marc Cohn . Wonderful ode to a vehicle, and to a dad.
Thunder Road - Springsteen. Next to Born to Run, the best Springsteen driving song ever.
Oh Girl - Chilites. I like listening to this in the car because Tony Soprano listened to it before he went to beat up the guy who was sleeping with his ex-mistress after he dumped her. And it's a great song.
Ooh La La - The Faces. This song reminds me of those silly platform shoes that Rod Stewart and Ron Wood wore back then. Oh wait. So did I.
Jumpin' Jack Flash/Youngblood - Leon Russell. The best 10 minutes you'll ever spend in your car.
I'm Looking Through You - The Wallflowers. Great cover.
Rain King - Counting Crows. Another one to crank up.
Toxic - Britney Spears. OK, stop laughing. I hate BS as much as the next non-trailer-trash person, but I love this song!
I Try - Macy Gray. Poor Macy. Smoked one too many joints, I think. But her first album and this song rock.
Crazy Love - Van Morrison. Holds a very special romantic place in my heart.
Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - George Michael. I'm not sure whose son he's talking about, but who cares? This is one of my favorite live performances.
Ladyshave - Paul Oakenfold. Mitsubishi really knows how to pick music for their commercials.
Up the Junction - Squeeze. I really could have put ANY Squeeze song in this spot, but I'm always happy when this one comes up in the random mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment