Sunday, September 18, 2005

I Did It Twice This Week!

No, silly... not that. I went to the movies! I love seeing movies in the theater. I love the whole experience: sitting in the dark, huge screen, big sound, endless trailers. For me, watching DVDs at home just doesn't cut it. I do it from time to time, but I don't get the same shuddering sense of delight as the film begins.

This week I saw The 40 Year Old Virgin which was both hilarious, in a very Farrelly-brothers way, and surprisingly sweet and romantic. Steve Carrell is like a straight Pee Wee Herman.

Last night, Lucas and I saw a sneak preview of The Greatest Game Ever Played, a true story about an amateur golfer who played in the U.S. Open in 1910. It was wonderful, Shia LaBeouf was perfect, and Lucas was on the edge of his seat for the entire thing. We loved it.

This is ONE thing I don't like about seeing movies in the theater, though. Talkers. I don't like sitting in front of talkers, I don't like seeing movies with talkers. Shut the fuck up already. When I was a kid, movies had ushers and usherettes (who really should have been called "shushers" and "shusherettes" because that was their job. To tell people to shut the fuck up). I recently heard that some theater chains are considering bringing them back, and I'm all for it.

In fact, I might apply for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment