Thursday, May 19, 2005

It's Good to Be....


yankeefan, originally uploaded by panthergirl.

...a Yankee fan!

The impending subway series this coming weekend takes me back to the year 2000, when I saw game four of the World Series (at Shea Stadium, where I had never before set foot. I hate the Mets. I even rooted for the Orioles in '69.).

One of our agencies at work had sent out an email with a link to their website where we could enter a drawing for tickets. I normally would have trashed it, but instead I entered. Out of over 2500 entries, I won! The tickets were going for mega-bucks on Ebay, and some people could not understand why I wouldn't sell them. C'mon, man...tickets, $7000...watching the Mets get beaten by the Yankees in the World Series? Priceless. (I even brought along a Met fan, just to enhance the experience!)

[The crowd was surprisingly good-natured, Met and Yankee fans alike. It was really a blast.]

No comments:

Post a Comment