Saturday, October 27, 2007

Never Say Never

I'll upload some corresponding images as soon as Blogger fixes their stupid problem.

This month marks fifteen years since I started working at the company I'm at today. At that time, in 1992, if a psychic had told me the following things about my life in 2007, I would have said "You're out of your fucking mind" and sworn off psychics forever:



~ That I would be living anywhere but within the boundaries of New York City.

~ That I would be driving an SUV.

~ That my third marriage would have ended in divorce, and subsequently death.

~ That I would have had a second child.

~ That I would learn to play golf and love it.

~ That I would learn to knit and love it.

~ That things like TiVO, EZ Pass, HD TV, blogging, Netflix, iPods, wireless Surround Sound, a Blackberry with a Bluetooth headset, online banking, Facebook and iPhoto would become staples of my everyday life.

~ That I'd have to take off my shoes before getting on a flight because someone had flown planes into the World Trade Center and they fell down.

~ That my daughter would be living in Manhattan as the guest of her stepdad, my 2nd husband and going to art school.

~ That her dad and I would be on amicable terms.

~ That I would not yet have been to Italy or France.

~ That I would be taking a cocktail of anti-depressant/anti-anxiety/mood stabilizer drugs on a daily basis, most likely for the rest of my life.

~ That my child would be taking a cocktail of anti-ADHD/mood stabilizer drugs on a daily basis, most likely for the rest of his life.

~ That I would have eventually become a full-time employee, manager, and still be at that same company, fifteen years later.


So, in a shameless exhibition of comment whoring, what would have been the most surprising thing the psychic could have told you fifteen years ago, about your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment