Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mother's Day 2007


grandma & me, originally uploaded by panthergirl.

Since I can't really celebrate my Mother on Mother's Day, I will instead celebrate HER mother. The love and affection I got from my grandmother every day probably kept me from becoming The Mad Toothpick Murderer (cue "Psycho" music...reet! reet! reet!) or some other notorious criminal as an adult.

I've posted a few funny stories about her before, but this is the one that comes to mind today courtesy of my sister Loretta:

She loved watching her "stories" (soap operas) and would try to keep us up to date on "All-a My Chill". One day, she told my sister that there was going to be a new show, right before All My Children, but only for a short time. Puzzled, Loretta asked "Only for a short time?" And Grandma confirmed that this was so.

A few days later, Loretta was watching television and saw a promo for "Ryan's Hope...the new conTEMPORARY drama..."

Ah....gotta miss Grandma.

garage party

traditional dress



No comments:

Post a Comment