Monday, January 10, 2005

Erectile Dysfunction...or, It Won't Be Long Now



Pharmaceutical advertising is amusing on many levels, but nothing puts a smirk on my face quite like the campaigns against Mr. Softee. My favorite ED ad is for Levitra, with the demure but sexy woman who can't quite look the camera in the eye as she talks about her husband's wet noodle. In this new one, the once-afflicted but now cured man stands outdoors in his flowing white cotton shirt, glancing down and what can only be his newfound boner. The only thing missing is the hotdog chasing the donut through the train tunnel. And fireworks.

But riddle me this, BaseballBatman...what is a "quality" erection? Does this stuff turn your wang into an airplane, kind of like Transformers? I mean wings could really add something to the quality. For US, anyway.

Of course the best part of these ad is the now-famous warning at the end. Now seriously, if you get an erection that last 4 hours are you going to call your doctor, or are you going to call EVERYONE YOU KNOW?

Woof.

8 comments:

  1. wang transformers... why didn't they ever market that?! GENIUS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wings might be a good thing for the girls, but it depends on what kind of plane. Glider wings might get in the way a bit.

    Brooks Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, but only for the faint of heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conquistador...your stallion stands! You know, us guys had no idea that was such a problem. E.D....it used to be called, "You know Phil, I'm tired of the same old 'song and dance'!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never quite "got" the couple chilling in separate bathtubs on the side of a cliff. Doesn't quite scream "gettin' biz-ee" to me.

    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Could you do me a huge favor and go back to it and settle a debate about "Gone With the Wind" that's come up? (I've edited my original post on the film to ask a question). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, what's with the two tubs? Is this supposed to imply that he's gotten SO huge that he can snake through the plumbing to tickle her fancy? Wow. That IS impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking that having a light bulb stuck in your ass would be a little more embarassing. At least, it was for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFLMAO @ the post and comments. I live on the E. Coast too, so that monument/huge erection receives so many jokes... Gr8 photo 4 super post. (See the cape: SuperMan...nevermind...)

    ReplyDelete