Monday, February 21, 2005

What Constitutes "Reading"?

For those of you who pay attention to such things, I haven't changed the image in my sidebar for "What I'm Chewing On" from the Steve Martin book since I originally posted it (about a month ago). This book is just over 100 pages. I'm still working on it, sort of. I also have a pile of "to read" books on my nighttable. By pile, I mean something resembling the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Only bigger.

The reason? Because I spend all my free time reading blogs. That's right, it's ALL YOUR FAULT. But doesn't that count? If I printed the blogs out and read them on paper, would that be more "legitimate"? When I sit down in a comfy chair to read a book I feel kinda proud of myself for doing something intellectual. There are so many intelligent, interesting, well-written blogs out there...so why do I feel like I'm goofing off when I spend hours on my laptop, reading them?

Fuck it. Back to goofing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment