Saturday, July 09, 2005

Caving... 'cause I like this one

A few people have asked me to do this meme, and since it doesn't bore me to read other people's (unlike the music one...sorry, but I couldn't give a rat's ass how many gigs of music you have on your computer), I'll give it a go.

10 Years Ago: I was getting ready to take my kids (Lucas was 7 months old, Emma was 9) to Florida to see my parents, and my dad for what would be the last time. I went back alone when he passed away a month later.

5 Years ago: I got divorced for the third and last time.

1 Year ago: I was still trying to help Lucas through the loss of his dad, 6 months earlier.

Yesterday: I got the MINI serviced, ate sashimi, played The Sims2.

Today; went to Golfsmith to buy a new bag, some clothes and a box of balls. Went to Petsmart and Trader Joe's. My life is so exciting that I can hardly stand it. We are going to play golf around 4, which I'm looking forward to. And I need to start working out again. Seriously.

Tomorrow: it's going to be freakin' hot, so we might go to the movies or to the Maritime Aquarium to see a white crocodile.

5 Snacks I Enjoy: watermelon, strawberries, nuts, chips and dip (love it, but don't eat it), popcorn.

5 Songs I know all the words to: too many to count, so I'll put five that have lots of words: Stairway to Heaven, Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, I'm in the Mood for Love (the R&B one that used to be Frankie Crocker's theme song.."there I go, there I go, there i go..."), Bohemian Rhapsody, and the entire Rocky Horror Picture Show and Jesus Christ Superstar (ok, that's 6).

5 Reality TV Shows I watch: Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Contender, Wife Swap. (and about a zillion more)

5 TV Shows I watch Daily: The Today Show, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Access Hollywood, Jeopardy, Aaron Brown.

5 Things I would do with $100,000,000: Buy a house on some body of water, on or near a golf course; buy an apartment in the city; help my kids, friends and greyhounds; travel all over the world; NEVER WORK AGAIN.

5 locations I would run away to: Tortola, Hawaii, the Kingdom of Bhutan, Sedona, the Italian Riviera.

5 things I like doing: "the wild thing", playing golf & tennis, reading, walking, laughing my ass off.

5 things I would never wear: polyester, a bathing cap, a rain hat, a swimsuit with a skirt, pantyhose.

5 recently seen movies that I like: Madagascar (it really helps to be a New Yorker), rentals including: Maria Full of Grace, Being Julia, Yes Men, and that's all I can think of. I never get to go to the movies anymore.

5 famous people I want to meet: Bill Clinton, Phil Mickelson, Joe Torre, Tom Cruise (so I can kick his ass), GW Bush (ditto).

5 biggest joys of the moment: my kids (angst, but joy nonetheless, my friends (including my sister), music, my dog, golf.

No comments:

Post a Comment