Monday, June 20, 2005

A Father's Day Message from Beyond?

I'm not sure what I believe, really, but yesterday we were sitting at the pool reading...(my sister, Lucas and me...there was no one else around because it was cloudy and cool)... and the most amazing thing happened.

Lucas was quietly walking around the perimeter, trying to approach the house sparrows that would briefly light upon the fencing. All of a sudden, he called to us and we looked over to see a sparrow sitting on his index finger. It was momentary, but profound, and my sister looked at me and said, "Tony?'

All I know is that wild birds don't normally come to rest on our fingers. Was it my son's dad paying him a visit on what was a difficult day for him? We can only speculate. But it was a joyous moment he will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment