Monday, June 27, 2005

Regurgitation Monday: Ten Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't

Rather than post the link, I'm just re-dating the post. Original post date: March 1, 2005.

Copped from The Infected Papercut and a host of others. I'm going to keep this pretty tame, as my 19 year old reads this blog from time to time!

1. I co-produced an Off-Broadway show, starring Ileana Douglas and Enrico Colantoni.

2. I was thrown out of a car that hit a pole at 75mph and had virtually no injuries.

3. In 1977, when I suspected that my boss at Newsweek had written a letter to HER boss trying to get me fired (it was in a sealed envelope on his desk), I read her typewriter ribbon and deciphered the entire thing.

4. I worked as a car salesperson for 6 weeks. Since I needed to retain my soul, I quit.

5. I got Honorable Mention in the New York Magazine Competition (the Mary Ann Madden one that doesn't exist anymore) in 1971. The challenge was to write "What I'm Doing on My Summer Vacation" by a famous person, without using the letter "e". Mine was: "I'm staying homo" by Truman Capote.

6. My daughter and I were driven to her school by Bill Murray and his wife one morning in Manhattan. Their son happened to be in her class, and they spotted us waiting for a bus. It was a very interesting drive.

7. I drove to Florida from New York in one day.

8. While working in an allergists office during high school, I passed out cold when he scooped some black phlegm out of a patient's throat. Ew.

9. I made out with my high school Science teacher.

10. I lost money on NYC real estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment