Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sweet 'n Lowdown


snl, originally uploaded by panthergirl.

Did you ever see that episode of 'Friends' where Ross' grandmother has died and they are going through her things? They open up a closet and thousands of Sweet 'n Low packettes fall on their heads. I have been called Ross' Grandmother on more than one occasion.

This morning I was leaving my local bagel place, iced coffee in hand along with my car keys and a few, er, extra Sweet 'n Lows. As I crossed the parking lot, I dropped the packettes and as I scrambled to pick them up, I imagined four police cars pulling up, sirens wailing and the sound of a bullhorn: "PUT YOUR HANDS UP AND DROP THE SWEET 'N LOWS. NOW. WE KNOW YOU ONLY HAVE ONE CUP OF COFFEE AND EIGHTEEN SWEET 'N LOWS. YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH THIS."

This fantasy or something like it enters my brain almost daily as I slip a few extras in my bag. I suppose it would be easier to just buy the damned things, but I enjoy living on the edge... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment